[TenTec] 500hz/250hz Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 500hz/250hz Filters
From: MALEXANDER@HEALTHDYNE.com (MALEXANDER@HEALTHDYNE.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:19:16 -0500
>From my experience, if the desired signal is zero-beated using the 2.4
kHz filter and USB or LSB, then switching to CW mode and activating the
500 filter should make that signal pop right up to the front.  From
there the signal can be isolated even more by fiddling with the PBT and
the BP / FADE controls.  If you already do all those things, I would
guess that either you have a faulty filter board, or that the board is
perhaps making poor contact in the slot.  Is there ever any intermittent
noise that would suggest poor contact?

73
de KG9DB