[TenTec] 500hz/250hz Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 500hz/250hz Filters
From: pklein@seattleu.edu (Peter A. Klein)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:46:04 -0800 (PST)
> Selecting my 500hz (alone) produces a greatly attenuated signal
> compared to using the 250hz (alone)....almost to the point that I will

:These are the 6.3 MHz IF filters?  The 9 MHz NAR position has a little
:amp you need to set correctly for a CW filter, it looks like you have
:that done right?

Look at page 1-4 of the manual.  In figure 1-5, you'll see a "Gain Select
Jumper" for the NARROW filter (9 MHz IF Board).  In order to get maximum
gain for my 500 Hz NAR filter, I had to set the jumper the *opposite* of
what this diagram indicated.  When I called the factory, they acknowledged
that things had changed since the manual was written.  For a CW filter,
use whichever position gave the most gain.

If your radio is like mine, one position of the jumper will make the
signal go down several S-units when you select the NAR filter.  The other
position, you'll get almost the same signal strength whether the NAR
filter is selected or not.

73,
Peter - KD7MW
---
* My opinions do not necessarily represent those of Seattle University.
* Newsreaders may have an incorrect return address. Use pklein@seattleu.edu

Peter A. Klein  (pklein@seattleu.edu)  :    -----==3==      ---      ---
Network Administrator, LAN/WAN/Novell  :   |    |  |  |    |   |    |   |
Seattle University, 296-5569           :  @|   @| @| @|   @|  @|   @|  @|