[TenTec] keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] keyer
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:01:00 -0700
Jim;

It is mostly a matter of personal preference.  "Personally", I don't
like squeeze keyers.  As you might remember from being in my shack, I
have 2-straight keys, 3-semiautomatic bugs, 1-Vipbroplex keyer paddle,
and a Heath "Micro-matic Keyer".  All seven of these are hooked up to my
OMNI VI/3 and I can switch between any of them literally between
letters.  My favorites are my original "Skillman Deluxe" straight key
that I have had since 1960, and my Vibroplex "Presentation" Gold plated
bug.  I don't really like electronic keyers and have used them only on
very rare occasions.

Reid, K7YX