[TenTec] portable power for Scout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] portable power for Scout
From: kayser@rideau.net (Larry Kayser)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 07:37:00 -0400
Michael:

I have used my scout with a portable battery, Gel Cel, 6 AH and it works
great for me.  First make sure the battery is really fully charged, second
make sure the voltage drop across the wire leads to the Scout is virtually
ZERO ohms, really put an effort into minimum I^2R losses.

I have operated full power from a small battery approaching two hours
without any problems at all.  I did have chirp at first until I really gave
the battery a full treatment of charging and regular use.

Larry
VA3LK