[TenTec] Just bought Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Just bought Corsair II
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 17:04:59 -1000
Aloha,

Have decided to go back to an almost "pure" CW optimized
rig -- the Ten Tec Corsair II.  Just bought  one from Bob, N9GG;
should be out here on Kauai middle of next week!!  This rig is
complete:  separate, second VFO unit and P/S-speaker unit;
all available filters are also installed.  Took Bob several months
to acquire all the pieces;  fortunately for me,  he decided to go
on up to the Omni.  But,  I don't need  SSB, memories,  keyboard
frequency entry, nor phase-lock loop  on either xmit or
rcv.  This rig is probably the last of the PTO tuned VFO rigs,
and this unit has TWO real ones;  not multiplexed VFO's as
the newer digital synthesis rigs use.

Would appreciate any operating/user hints from any of you on
the reflector who have experience with the Corsair.  I am especially
looking forward to real QSK;  and this rig should really cause my
87A to send out  singing ORQ, QRO,  QSK  monitored QSO's,  hi!

Probably the following does not belong on this reflector,  but
it is part of the story,  and maybe you know someone who
might want some Kenwood stuff,  hi.

So I am going to give up all my Kenwood stuff;  downsizing,
as it were!  I have a TS-950SDX with everything!  All the  filters
for both high and low IF strips;  the SM-230 station monitor/pan-
oramic band scope;   the SP-950 external speaker; the  DRU-2
Digital Voice/Keyer module with remote control RM-1 unit;
and the IF-232C interface unit for computer control with PS.
Includes the Kenwood hand mike,  which is still in the plastic
bag;  never opened,  hi!

Also will  throw in my KAM All mode, dual port HF/VHF  TNC,
with PS and  cables.  Manuals for all included, plus the very
limited edition,  tough to obtain,  Kenwood, written in USA by native
English speakers (hi!),  glossy  "TS-950SDX In -Depth Manual".

This rig has DSP on both xmit and rcv with extensive processor
menu system to set all sorts of operator operating choices,
including DSP parameters.

Package  includes all cables needed to interface these various
Kenwood components.  I paid to HRO about $5400 for all when new.
TS-950SDX is S/N 40100282;  it was purchased new from
HRO on 27 July, 1992.  Rig was at the Kenwood Service
Center in Long Beach in March of 1996 for a complete
tune-up realignment,  and any other spotted service needs/
updates available.  Have new 950SDX shipping container
obtained from Kenwood at that time.

I will pay for packing/shipping via Fed Ex Economy Air to anywhere
on the mainland USA;  result is usually delivery on the third day from
out here on Kauai.

Best offer somewhere around about half what I paid, will take all
listed above,  and receive shipped pre-paid.

Mahalo and 73,  Jim,  KH7M