[TenTec] Ten Tec Cure for Clicking Omni 6 a No Go

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Cure for Clicking Omni 6 a No Go
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:05:10 -0500
>Question: Is there a possibility that disconnection connector 52 lengthens
>the delay and thus slowing the qsk? IF so, this ain't playing fair.

Steve,

Disconnecting connector 52 actually improves the QSK turnaround time because
the CMOS 4066 quad-bilateral switch is bypassed.
However, the more I hear of this problem, the more I'm inclined to believe
there are different roots to the problem; some manifest as clicks, others
thumps, some exhibit both.  Mine resided in the last AF stage.  It appears
your click was being generated somewhere preceding the AF stage perhaps?

-Paul, W9AC