[TenTec] Has anyone had this problem?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Has anyone had this problem?
From: Bill_Ames@hyperion.com (Bill_Ames@hyperion.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 07:49:04 -0500
1) One of the knobs on my model 254 antenna coupler has split. Someone had
mentioned that it was a known problem. Has anyone heard of this?

2) After a layoff of about two months I began using my Scout. I found that
there seems to be a problem with the 160 and 80 mtr plugins. It seems that
the tuning frq for the 80 mt plugin is about 300khz high and the 160 mt
plugin does not operate unless you tune to the high end of the band. All
other plugins work fine. Another way to describe this problem is as
follows: Have the PTO set so when you plug in the good modules the tuning
is at the low end of the band. Plug in in the 80 mt module and you are
tuned about 300 khz high. Plug in the 160 mt module and you appear to have
a non functioning module.

It is possible that the problem is in the e Scout, what I have described
are the symptoms. Any ideas?

Bill Ames
KB1LG