[TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-VI Trouble..??
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:42:33 -1000

>>   You have to be a little outside the norm to understand
>>> what the benefit of owning one of our rigs is in the first
>place.

Yes,  my FT-1000D is now my  "back up" transceiver.  Only
unusual op feature of my still new VI+ is operating it
in split mode.  I know I can learn to hold the REV button
while tuning VFO B with the same hand,  but now I
seem to need to use both hands,  hi. Still,  the Omni is
superior to the D; rcvr wins,  hands down,  and love the
enhancement of CW using the DSP,  called the NR button
on the Omni.

Wish there were an Omni Elmer here on Kauai;  much nicer
to have a guru show you all the neat things about a new
rig.  But I am discovering and learning;  takes more than
a casual read of the manual,  however,  hi.  How about some
one really good at the VI+ producing a video about the
rigs use,  features, and benefits;  sort of thing that Dick
E did for his Alpha 87A.

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai