[TenTec] Best Dummy Load Oil..??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Best Dummy Load Oil..??
From: bahr521@earthlink.net (Lee Bahr)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 23:06:38 -0600
Motor oil is not the best but it will work. Others on this list have
given very good advice as to what should be used. If you do use motor
oil, use motor oil with NO additive package. Do not use multigrade
oils.  Good motor oils may have as much as 40% of the can filled with
additives.  All you are trying to do is cool the resistor and you want
nothing in the can that will, over time, attack the resistor, change its
value, or alter the resistivity of the dummy load.  Lee Bahr w0vt