[TenTec] Omni-A not powered up for 7 years...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-A not powered up for 7 years...
From: rufus@sfpcug.org (Rufus Laggren)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:08:30 -0800
Thank you all for your "total response".  I saw from the archives that
this was an active and growing list, but I had no idea... <G>

>From you notes, and given the relative value of the unit, I think I'll
just power it up.  If I had a regulated supply with variable limiting,
I'd use that, but...  I had gotten the idea from the archives that the
PTO would likely need a mechanical rebuild, and will undertake that
myself.

One more question:  Are there *exact* instructions available for removing
and replacing the knob (I think that's the tricky one...)?  I work as a
plumber and sometimes I have to guess how to remove fixture handles that
have "blind" fastenings - and it's a frightening experience, especially
as the owner is usually standing there, watching avidly to see if you
destroy their $800 imported faucet... <GG>  The nitty picky details help
a lot in these cases.

Again, Thanks for all your help.    Rufus