[TenTec] Poping in receiver????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Poping in receiver????
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 3 Mar 1999 15:45:25 -0600
Don't you suppose since it is in so many rigs, it is an artifact of your
electrical supply, or your DC supply you use with the various rigs?  How about
door bell transformers, thermostats on oil burners, and other likely
interference sources around either your house or your neighborhood?  Is it
always with one antenna, that might have a loose connection?  Or is it with a
variety of antennas.  Is it there with the antenna off?

I doubt there is a generic popping in all Ten Tec radios you have, but rather
something akin to static, which is pretty general, but something we usually
cannot do anything about except disconnect our antennas and wait out the
storm, (the safest way.)

GL, and 73,
Stuart K5KVH