[TenTec] filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] filters
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:25:25 EDT
HI Scott,

Can't answer your Omni questions, as I only own a Corsair and an Argonaut.  I
can vouch for the InRad filters, though.  I have the stock TT filters in all
positions [9 MHz IF] except 250 Hz, which is an InRad filter.  It is
excellent!  There is not as much loss as the stock TT 250 filter, and my
opinion is that it is centered better than the TT filters in my rig.

I certainly wouldn't outfit the whole rig with InRads [expensive
proposition], because the TT filters are good.  I got the filter I would
depend upon the most during tough contest conditions.  I think a reasonable
approach is to see what filters you most often use, and maybe buy the InRads
to fit in those positions.

73, Jim NØOCT