[TenTec] Omni VI plus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI plus
From: k4ldr@hitter.net (Peter J. F. Shaw)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 10:16:25 -0400
Piotr LA9HFA asked:
"Hello...
I want to buy a new rig. I do have Drake TR7 and work mostly CW.
I have looked at Omni VI+.
Do any body has any comments, against, pro ???
Best regards"
==================================
Greetings Piotr:

A few words about the Ten-Tec OMNI VI amateur radio transceiver....

You will not make a mistake by going with an OMNI VI.   Good product,
good service, good value.  After you get an OMNI VI, you'll pretty
much wonder why you didn't do that before.  Excellent CW radio.  Get
the appropriate combination of IF filters.

I purchased new in 1993.  The VI and the Titan amp.  Did the VI plus
upgrade in 1998 and also purchased the TT 238 ant tuner.  There truly
is a favorable difference between the VI and the VI+.  I view the VI
machine as a KISS radio.  KISS means keep it simple stupid.  The radio
is easy to use and remember what button does what.

Two breakdowns since 1993.  Fair priced, good, and fast repair
service.  No complaints.

73  Pete  K4LDR  Citrus County, FL

Member of the Florida Contest Group (FCG) - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out
the FQP website@: http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm