[TenTec] How's the new Vibroplex?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How's the new Vibroplex?
From: dacalvin@us.ibm.com (dacalvin@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:08:08 -0500

I bought an Original Deluxe in February, 1995 just as they were moving
production into the new plant.  There were some delays because some parts were
depleted and almost impossible to get (chrome plated).  The product looks good,
but does not have the feel of a WWII-era Original I own.  I know that Mitch has
improved or redesigned a lot of the very old tooling received from the Maine
operation, and I think that is the major factor behind the price increase across
the line.  From what I've seen at Ham-Com and Dayton the last couple of years,
the product is significantly better than the Maine-built product and my
transition one as well.  I'm also intrigued by the LB2000.

     73,  Duane   AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368