[TenTec] a fair question...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] a fair question...
From: james.owen@nist.gov (James Owen)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:48:13 -0400

Bill_Ames@hyperion.com wrote:

> What is the best rig, money unlimited,
> used by one op for CW by the other for SSB and there are no computers
> connected
> No back up available and must be reliable and
> quickly fixable, again, cost not a problem if repairs are needed.
>
> Bill Ames
> KB1LG

My opinion and I'm sure there will be others. If you have the money and
want the best get an Omni VI+. If you need to get something a little
cheaper that may be somewhat easier for the average ham to repair then
get a good used Corsair I or II.
For those that really don't have much money and want a good under
$400.00 rig, usually under $300.00 (please no flames) look for a nice
Kenwood TS-820 or 820S. It hears as good as the Corsair II without some
of the bells and is much cheaper.

73 Jim K4CGY