[TenTec] GADZOOKS! PICKY, PICKY, PICKY!!!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] GADZOOKS! PICKY, PICKY, PICKY!!!!
From: whowell@hq.nasa.gov (Scott Howell)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:52:38 -0400
amen brother. Long live the Omnis and Ten-Tec.
I ain't no purist,  but do know good audio when I hear it and I get plenty
from my Omni-V. Ay we all can find things about our rigs we don't like, but
think of this.
Sit down and make a list of all the pros and cons. If you have way to many
cons then I'll offer you $100 for your rig<g>. Seriously, if you aren't
happy with your TT rig then sell it and purchase something that'll make you
happy or go and design your own.
I didn't like my Kenwood TS570 very much for my application and so sold it
and purchased an older rig which more than meets my needs. So, what does
that tell you. I wanted something which would serve my purpose and thus I
got it.
Oh, dont' forget this is only a hoby. I could understand folks wanting the
best for the buck, but its up to you to do the research and determine if
you got what you paid for. Ten-Tec gives you 30 days money back garuntee on
their products. Now if you can't find the problems in the first 30 days
that are being classified as design flaws, then you have no one to blame
but yourself. Why? because you obviously aren't using the rig enough during
the first 30 days to determine if it will fit your needs. I ran my RX320
through its paces the first week I had it and decided it was good and I
would keep it.
I was not an experienced op at the time I purchased my Kenwood and not
until I started really using it, comparing it to other rigs I had the
chance to use, and learning what the desirable characteristics of a rig for
my application was, I had no bench mark to compare. I then did and so
again, sold it.
I say to you who are not happy with your Omni-VI/VI+, why do you still have
the rig, why didn't you discover its flaws in the beginning and return it,
what have you done to try and improve its characteristics you don't like
via filtering or have you, have you spoken/written to TT, what did they
offer as a solution, did you try it, didn't work? Well fine and so its not
perfect, but is it so bad. Would you like to trade your Omni-VI/VI+ for my
Omni-V? I bet not. I havent' had the chance to play with an Omni-VI/VI+,
but is these clicks and thumps etc. evident to those on the other end of
the qso or is it only noticible to you? So, its maybe only noticible to
you, then is that so bad?
Seriously, if you hate your Omni-VI/VI+ I'll trade  you my Omni-V. I love
my Omni-V and wouldn't sell it for anything, but if it would make you happy
to have it over your 6 then lets chat.<g>
Well ok, maybe I wouldn't dont' know I kinda have become attached to my
Omni. Its been a good rig to me.
I don't intend any of my comments to be a flame, but instead a means to ask
 a few questions. Tink my comments through and decide if its really that
bad. I am a firm believer that no matter what rig your manufacturer you
choose in the end, you must decide who's product will serve your needs. Ay,
Ten-Tec isn't for everyone and neither is Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, and all the
other manufacturers out there.
If your going to spend the money, make a point to either try all the rigs
you can or get one and make sure if you dont' like it, you can return it
without penalty.
Ok, now I've nearly outwritten Jim<g>.

73 de Scott/n3byy