[TenTec] Non Amplified VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Non Amplified VI+
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:30:51 -0400
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:24:01 -0500 Robert <bigmack@nortexinfo.net>
writes:
> I am wondering,
> In the manual for the 6+ it talks about the TX OUT and the TX EN
> being  jumper'd.
de Joe, AA4NN
TX EN and TX OUT are for running your Omni VI+ with the Titan amp.
Jumper it for barefoot or if running an alien amp.  It has to do with
QSK in conjunction with the Titan.  Any short jumper would do.

That's my story for CW operation. Normally you run your keyer into the
Titan and take keyout from Titan to your rig's key in.  That is the way
Titan works QSK with the Corsair II.  This is the way I run my Omni VI+
as well.  I leave the jumper in the TX Out/In and let the Titan key the
Omni VI+.  Same as with my Triton IV.  Ten-Tec seemed surprised
that I would want to run the Omni VI+ this way, as the TX EN/OUT
communicates with the Titan, but it is compatible with the way I key
other rigs in the shack.

73, de Joe AA4NN