[TenTec] Non Amplified VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Non Amplified VI+
From: bigmack@nortexinfo.net (Robert)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 00:33:44 -0500
At 06:25 PM 9/17/99 , Dale L. Martin wrote:
>Robert,
>1.  The jumper between TX OUT and TX EN is pretty much just a
>jumper with the pins soldered to the copper side of a PC board.
>
>2.  The grounds don't have to be connected together.  Check your
>manual and read the schematic.  I think you will find they are
>commonly grounded.
>
>3.  How did you operate it without a jumper?

It seems that if you are going to use an amp, that is where it gets
involved.. The previous owner had an amp, I don't... This is the first
night I have had it on the air...

>4.  I don't know what 'horror' stories are out there, but I have
>never had a problem buying over the web or through any of the old
>Yellow Sheets or QST/CQ want-ads.

Oh, I read all the time in other newsgroups about people being taken for a
ride down a rose covered path, only to find themselves knee deep in
something a lot more foul smelling.  I have even seen people publish lists
of names of people NOT to deal with.. Glad it doesnt happen here...