[TenTec] Copying CW in your head

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Copying CW in your head
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:48:48 -0400
You might try some sort of meditation.  Thinking of several things at once
wastes the life as the mind is not with the body, but racing out ahead.
Somebody told me once that if I have one foot in tomorrow and one foot in
yesterday that I tend to crap on today.  One way to do this meditation is to
sit quietly for 15 minutes.  Allow no interruptions, no radio, no TV, no
distractions.  If you get up, you must begin again.  It is much harder than
it sounds, but the results after only a week on doing it once a day are
astounding.

Or, you might try just reading the mail on other QSO's.  That way there is
no pressure to copy.

Or, you might try copying faster code.  20 wpm is awfully slow to copy in
one's head, as there is so much time from the beginning of a thought to the
end that some of us tend to forget what was said early in the thought.

But until one is able to stop the racing thoughts, he ain't gonna enjoy
much.  Joy must be felt in the moment.  If the mind is already at the
office, joy can't be felt.

Luck to you.
73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net