[TenTec] OMNI-VI Plus features lost from OMNI-V?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-VI Plus features lost from OMNI-V?
From: pcuellar@mail.bright.net (pcuellar@mail.bright.net)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:35:40 -0400
On my Corsair, I typically run the PBT with the pointer at about the 10 o'clock
position when on SSB. It seems to smooth out the voices on receive. I'm not
sure if all Corsairs are the same, or if my PBT is slightly misaligned. It's
not a big problem so I didn't get worried about it.
Just as a point for those that watch this kind of thing, the e-mail client I'm
using right now won't allow me to make changes to the original message,
therefore things like the reflector footer may be printed twice on this message.

CUL & 73 de KB8TRK - Phil

-------------------------------------
On  Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:01:44 -0400, supton@eece.maine.edu,
tentec@contesting.com wrote about  Re: [TenTec] OMNI-VI Plus features lost from
OMNI-V?:
        "
I've got a couple of questions about filters and PBT:

One, ringing:  what does this refer to?

Two, the club station that I belong to (and is my only current access to
HF) has a Corsair; I've noticed that there is a fair amount of noise
with the PBT turned to 0 offset, but most of the noise disappears with
just a little shift.  Would this be a sign that something is amiss in
this reciever?  Thanks.
Shawn Upton
Electrical Engineering Student
University of Maine at Orono