[TenTec] Scratchy Receive on Paragon I

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scratchy Receive on Paragon I
From: jbartac@max.state.ia.us (Jerry Bartachek)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:01:32 -0500
Just in the last few weeks I'm plagued with a very "scratchy" sounding
audio on only the 80 and 160 meter bands.  I've checked the antenna
system, cables, etc. to no avail.

The scratchiness is also on my transmitted CW wave as heard in a 2nd
receiver.  The problem NEVER affects any other bands, does not go away
when I switch antennas, but is intermittent!!  I spend much more time
WITH the scratchiness than I do without it.  And I'm not sure what I've
done to make it better.

Could it be bad relays in the rig?  Any ideas?

Thanks Ten-Tec'ers

73,

Jerry L. Bartachek  KD0CA
Washington, IA