[TenTec] Pegasus & lightning

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus & lightning
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:51:30 -0500
I know this is repittion, but, it is a good practice to disconnect
power, antennas, rotators, remote switches, everything when not in
use.  It's not a guarantee against lightning damage, but it's better
than being connected to circuits that are affected.

Don't wait until storms are forecast, are approaching, or whatever.
Do it when you get up from the operating position and are done for the
day, night, whatever. By all means, disconnect if you leave the house.
Don't depend on your family to do it for you.

Here in the Houston/Galveston area, we have our own little weather
generator affectionately called Galveston Bay, nearby.  The weather
forecasters are blowing in the wind, when they try to make accurate
predictions around here.

Unplug and disconnect!  The alternative ain't worth the angst, sorrow,
time, effort, and expense.

73,
dale, kg5u