[TenTec] Omni VI+ mic input

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ mic input
From: alwilliams@olywa.net (Al Williams)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:02:53 -0800
I am happy to see the information on where the info about the mike voltage
is located as I looked for it in isolating a failure in my 14 mos old
omni6+.  (on my first call in fone SS contest, there was no indication of
output).  I have since determined that it works if I jumper
the hand held tt mikes ground to chassis ground.  The gnd pin on the
tt front panel has no continuity to chassis ground.  I haven't yet asked
tt for the proper repair.  Noticed that there appear to be some ferrite
cylinders on some to leads from the tt front panel mike connector.

I have started a cross-reference list for the omni6+ to help in tracing
circuits from one board to another.  I wonder if others have already
done this (besides TenTec!) or are interested.  Or am I missing some
means already in place?
alwilliams@olywa.net k7puc