[TenTec] Number of motions for CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Number of motions for CW
From: N4LQ@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 19:23:30 -0400
I don't understand how some folks count. Let's try this:

To make the letter A on a single lever paddle we.

1. push paddle to right.
2. push paddle to left.
3. let go

To make the letter A on a double paddle we:
1. push left paddle to right
2. push right paddle to left
3. release left paddle
4. release right paddle

Still not convinced?

To make the letter Z on duals:
1. push right lever to left
2. release right lever
3. push left lever to right
4. release left lever

For single:
1. push lever to left
2. push lever to right
3. let go

Like I said, except for a few letters, there are less finger commands on a
single.

I can use either one quite well and did the iambic thing for many many years
until I discovered I'de be a victim of hype. Switching to a single lever
paddle came easy and my speed picked back up again like it was when I was a
kid.

Just to keep this on topic....TenTec also makes paddles and keyers. I bought
their KR-40 waaaaay back in the mid 70's. After using a bug for 10 years, I
found the iambic paddles and TenTec's version of mode b easy to pick up on.
Now days I use a single lever VIbrokeyer with an MFJ 407 keyer. The Kent
paddle is excellent also.

Steve
N4LQ