[TenTec] Centurion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion
From: Tom Branch" <tom.branch@qth.com (Tom Branch)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:52:32 -0500
Greetings,

I finally got the 220 volt outlet installed in my shack yesterday and was
able to put the Centurion on-the-air.  Most impressive--quiet (relatively)
and smooth.

One issue.  The wattmeter is way off.  When in standby, my Omni 6 meter
shows 100 watts out, my external wattmeter shows 100 watts out, the
Centurion's meters (both the bar graph and regular watt meter show 200
watts.  I figured the low end might be off so I loaded it up and compared my
external with the internals.  1250 (1500 watt led lights and then drops back
to 1 red) on the Centurion shows 900-1000 on my external.  Again both meters
are off.

While I don't care about the wattmeters, it makes me wonder if the others
(grid and plate current) are as badly calibrated.

While playing on 20 meters (into a dummy load), I was able to get 1500 out
with about 240 ma of grid current and 100 watts drive.

Thoughts?

73 de Tom, K4NR