[TenTec] early morning questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] early morning questions
From: vbbond@ix.netcom.com (Vince & Betty)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:15:44 -0800
Jim:
     Was unaware the YH-55 was no longer available.Yes, it is a full,
over-the-ear headset and it utilizes a much more robust ear cushion that, in
the 20+ years I have owned my set, has not deteriorated. However, because it
is plastic material, I find I "sweat" under the areas where the cushions
make contact with my head. When it is warm, I agree, it can be
uncomfortable. But, the YH-55 is the best I've got right now so I always use
it when operating CW. I'm always open to suggestions for a better headset.
As I said before (perhaps unclearly and was corrected) I hear additional
hiss generated by my Omni 6+ when I use my Heil Pro Set and thus I tend not
to use the Heil when operating CW. Yes, I could use the DSP LP position but
why, when the YH-55 are so clear and useful on CW.

Vince/K7NA