[TenTec] re: Receiver comparison chart on website

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: Receiver comparison chart on website
From: randas@mindspring.com (Tim Randa)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:37:25 -0500
Nice comments Joe..some guys just have no/little idea how effective one can
be at qrp levels. I must admit it's a bit more of a challenge on ssb than cw,
but it's not hard to crack the pileups with a bit of know how. I think many
are victims of the QRO ads in the ham mags, they think anything less than
100watts (or 1.5kw) is not going to be heard. I suggest they listen to 14.100
at the cw beacons After they id they give 4 tones, each at a different power
level (100  10  1  and .1 (1/10w)  ). You'll be surprised how often you will
hear the last tone that's only 1/10 watt. For more info on the beacons try
http://www.ncdxf.org/beacon/beaconSchedule.htm

Just a thought
de Tim  K0FL