[TenTec] re: Receiver comparison chart on website

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: Receiver comparison chart on website
From: jmalloy@hamilton.edu (Joe Malloy)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:56:36 -0500
Ed, if the only thing the K2 wants is power, well, you're in for a
surprise: they're going to release the integrated 100 watt PA during this
quarter of 2001, at least they plan to (it's integrated in that it will
come with a separate cover to the K2 and you replace the current cover if
you want 100 watts; you keep the other cover in case of QRP intentions,
say, on vacation).  I'm not a confirmed DX chaser but the K2 has worked me
in casual usage about 50-60 countries since I finished it last July.  The
largest improvement I can note over my Corsair is the phenomenal
IF-derived AGC.  Other than that (plus the fact that it's small, digital
and, well, I built it myself (!)) it's pretty even with my Corsair for
non-critical uses.

I wouldn't trade my Ten-Tec gear for the world: I have a PM-3A, an
Argonaut 509, Corsair (matching power supply and external VFO), 1330 QRP
rig, and a bunch of miscellaneous odds n' ends.  The good news is that
Elecraft is in the same league as Ten-Tec when it comes to service:  you
wouldn't want a nicer bunch of guys/gals to deal with with either of them!

73,

Joe, W2RBA