[TenTec] Lineage of Transceivers ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Lineage of Transceivers ?
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:14:39 -0000
The Delta 1 is a double conversion receiver.  The first IF is 11 to 11.5 mHz
and the second IF is 6.3 mHz.
It stands by itself in this scheme.   The Tritons, Argonaut I, OMNI A+D, C,
Corsair I and II, are essentially single coversion
receivers using a 9 mHz IF.  The Corsair's had an extra conversion from 9
mHz to 6.3 mHz and back
to 9 mHz for passband tuning.  The OMNI V and VI also use the same scheme as
the Corsair's.

I do not know the scheme in the Delta II and Argonaut II.

The Paragon I and II , up converted to 72 mHz and then to 9 mHz, also with
the passband tuning
scheme going form 9 to 6.3 to 9.

The Pegasus,  Jupiter, and RX-320 up convert to 45 mHz, then 455 kHz, then
12 kHz for DSP.

Carl Moreschi  N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py@earthlink.net