[TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:04:52 -0500
Jim:  It appears that you may have misinterpreted my point.  However , I agree
with your statement that for any given feed line; the higher the vswr the
higher the loss.    However, the question is how MUCH power is lost in the
transmission line because of high vswr?  In open wire line the loss is
extremely small and insignificant, at least at hf.  That is why open wire line
is used ,to obtain a tremendous bandwidth with insignificant loss.  On the
other hand, coax is very lossy when operated into a high vswr and limits one's
bandwidth to the vswr bandwidth of the antenna.   This is the basis of what we
have been talking about all along.  - 73's- Corn - k4own