[TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:14:36 -0700
Sherrill WATKINS wrote:

> Jim:  I just may have a need for an end fed
long wire sometime in the future. I have never
tried to operate with one of these antennas.
Can you give me some details on your system,
balun, power level, bands operated, etc.  How
well does your long wire work compared to other
antennas?  Do you use your metal house as a
counterpoise to the long wire?  Have you noticed
r.f. on the outside of the coax?  What else makes
a good counterpoise? -  Thank's- Corn- k4own.

There is very little RF on the outside of the
coax. It is about 12 feet long. The coax goes
from the 238 through the frame of a window to
the matching transformer. I have all my
equiptment including the computer on a table
covered with sheet metal attached with a 2
foot wire to my metal house. Each peice of
equiptment has a less than 2 inch
of wire attached to the sheet metal.
Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF