[TenTec] SWR and Rain

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SWR and Rain
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:41:40 -0500
Dr. Jerry:  After I re-read your last post several times,  I think I
understand what you are explaining.   Correct me if I am wrong,
but you are saying that if water enters the dielectric insulation of a rf
transmission line, that it may change the characteristic impedance to
the point where the swr will change, up or down??  I had never thought
of it this way but I (think) I understand what you are saying.  Anyway, my
limited experience has shown that, for coax, the line nominal impedance does
not change as much as the loss (attenuation) increases.  Sorry, I am
a bit slow grasping this. - 73's- Corn- k4own.

Corrupt politicians love unarmed serfs.