[TenTec] Jupiters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiters
From: jreber@es.com (jreber@es.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:25:03 -0700
I find your Jupiter comments interesting. I have been using a Jupiter for 2
months, and have only had 1 problem with a bad CW note, which was due to RF
feedback as a result of sloppy wiring in my shack. I used my Scout to
monitor my own signal, and was able to clean things up quite fast
(fortunately). I have asked for honest opinions from several people I work
quite regularly (most of them use Icom 746's or 756 pros, with a few
TS-570's and 940's in the mix), and they all have indicated that the Jupiter
CW note sounds just fine. Never has anyone mentioned a raspy note or any
other such complaint, except the time that I had the RF problem, and it was
clear to the person who informed me of this that it was indeed a RF problem.

It would be preposterous to suggest that the guys I chat with regularly on
CW are "jealous" or have any other reason to give me a false report. We help
each other deal with problems regularly on SSB and CW, and I could careless
what rigs they use or whether they're made here, in Japan, or in outer
Mongolia, and they feel the same. In the end, every ham has different ideas
on what constitutes a good rig, what sounds good, what sounds bad etc. Me, I
really, really like the Jupiter. You- well I could really care less if you
like it or not.

73's
Jason AC7JW