[TenTec] I'm getting reports of RF in my Pegasus ssb audio.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I'm getting reports of RF in my Pegasus ssb audio.
From: malonej@c2i2.com (Jack Malone)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:14:06 -0700
    I have RF floating all over my shack. Monitor it on a home built Field
Strength Meter with 200 micro amp meter and a 2 inch ant on it. With meter
located at op position I have full scale RF from my roof mounted dipole with
500 PEP out. I have NO RF in any of my equipment or cables. All equipment
goes direct to a common ground bus which then goes to two 8 foot ground rods
in XYL's flower bed (which gets watered daily) then to 300 feet of Cattle
Fence, with all this tied to electrical power ground. From ground bus I use
#00 stranded electrical wire to rods & fence with #6 to electrical power
ground. Also all my antenna coax cables have current chokes (10 turns coax
of 10 inch in diameter) before entering the shack. All RF in my shack is
coming from my antenna radiation. With the 500 watts going into a dummy load
I can find no RF on any equipment or in the shack.
--
Jack, W7EJJ