[TenTec] Semi-deaf Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Semi-deaf Corsair II
From: KF6ZZ@aol.com (KF6ZZ@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:11:07 EDT
   Thermal shock is highly sucessful for isolating bad connections.

 I've used cans of freeze spray ( RadioTrash sells them ) for locating bad
connections due to cold solder joints.

Twenty years ago I had a marine  VHF FM transceiver radio that would lose PLL
lock on cold mornings.
 On hot days it worked perfect.

 Went poking around the insides with a can of freeze spray, and located a
perfectly healthy looking solder joint that would induce PLL unlock every
time it was cooled off.

Reflowing that joint permanently cured that failure mode.

 The transceiver has since given perfect service for two decades.

- Phil  KF6ZZ