[TenTec] Kachina discontinued

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Kachina discontinued
From: jsielke@pobox.com (John L. Sielke)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 08:58:28 -0400 (EDT)
An interesting point, but do the manufacturers KNOW? Ten-tec discontinued their
QRP
line because QRP transceivers were not profitable, now the FT-817 seems to show
them
wrong.

HOWEVER, I do not think that this is necessarily the case. I fear many new hams,
having entered in this age of multiple-choice, VE exam, have NO IDEA of what QRP
even is! They buy the FT-817 because it is "cute," and covers the FM repeaters.
think we will be seeing many FT-817s showing up on the USED market, cheap! Not
because there is anything wrong with them, but because many of these new hams
will
tire of their "toys" and their new hobby and move on to skateboarding and
motorcycles.

John W2AGN