[TenTec] Kachina discontinued

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Kachina discontinued
From: duffyb01@fuse.net (J. Duffy Beischel)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:17:21 -0400
It's not that QRP radios were unprofitable, it is that Ten Tec started
building a QRP radio that hams did not want at a price they were not willing
to pay.  This is really simple economics.  The last QRP radio was QRP in
power, but not in design and sold for close to $1,200 10 years or more ago.
Hardly what the ham community wanted.  Now, along comes the 817, for $800
bucks, small  and all bands.  Dealers can't keep them in stock.  It's the
product and the price