[TenTec] Pegasus line output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus line output
From: ballen@na800.net (JBA)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:10:53 -0600
Hi Mark,
The Pegasus "Line out" is a true line out ;i.e. peak to peak >1 volt at abt
600 ohms. This is what computer sound cards, mixing boards, and most studio
equipment is designed to use.
The Pegasus Accessory plug "Audio in", and "Audio out" is at mic level. For
example, you could fed your mic audio into the radio through the "audio in",
and it'll work just like the regular mic input. I have run into this while
working with wide band audio. To use the accessory jack in the manner that
you are trying, you need to insert a 40dB pad.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
de Benton wb5twc