[TenTec] (no subject)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net ( Bob, WB2VUF)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:11:24 -0500
Jim,

I use a Paragon I and a Corsair I. The Corsair is my primary backup
radio. Its a straighforward rig: no PLL's no processors. The Paragon is
general coverage, which is nice and it is more pleasant to use on CW
because it has a better AGC action than the Corsair. The Corsair's audio
derived AGC is a little slow on the attack, so cw signals tend to pop,
unless you back off the RF gain.

I think that the Corsair II has a built-in keyer, which the Corsair I
and Paragon do not have.

If you opt for an early Corsair, make sure it has the 8 pole 9 MHz
filter, or swap in this filter yourself. It improves the skirt
selectivity noticeably.

Weak areas: Corsair PTO frequency jumping can be cured with the rebuild
kit. Paragon PLL problems can be cured by reflowing the solder on both
PLL boards.

Both are excellent rigs.

                                Bob WB2VUF