[TenTec] Re: TT vs 756PROII

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TT vs 756PROII
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 05:32:23 -0500
> Well, I have only the PRO to speak about, but it is just about the
> same as your 706!

<snip>

> So, Rob, I have to agree that for properly weighted code with the PRO,
> I need to drag out the CMOS III or use the memory keyer in the TRX
> Manager or the MixW programs. I am pretty sure that they each have
> true weighting controls, not just dot/dash ratio like the PRO.
>
> Tom, the PRO II manual talks only about dot/dash ratio adjustments
> just like the PRO manual. What it amounts to is that dash length can
> be adjusted from 2.8:1 relative to a dot or space up to 4.5:1. Since
> dot and space lengths are different(!) who knows what those ratios
> mean!   <:}

The main marketing guy at ICOM, perhaps four years ago, told me
"no one works CW, it is a dying mode" and "there isn't any chance
we will change the software, the ratio control is fine".

While I'm sorry to see they didn't correct any of the easily
corrected issues, at least they do keep promises!
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com