[TenTec] Ten Tec Omni VI plus and RCKRtty

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Omni VI plus and RCKRtty
From: richard@gw4bvj.com (Richard & Sherri Mortimore)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:27:48 -0100
Hi All

I am using a modern Notebook 1GHz P3 with Windows ME with RCKRtty v2.14
programme
and a Ten Tec Omni VI Plus model 564 and have a problem with setting up the
Transceiver control.
I  made up a converter cable from  the Notebook's DB9 to the Transceivers
DB25  as
per Ten Tec Manual.  (My Ten Tec Hercules 11 amp also shares this port for
the auto band changing).
DB 9                  DB25
             2 - 3
          3 - 2
          5 - 7
         1 -|
         4 -| connected together
         6 -|

I am using the Icom radio settings hence  COM1, Baud 1200, Parity N, Data
Bits 8, Stop Bits 1, 3 sec update, enable transceiver control  and the
ICOM  Address 04 Hex.  My Ten Tec manual says to try 04.  But it is not
working.
I have checked my cable again and it seems okay.

I am enjoying the rest of the programme but please can you help me?

 73

 Rich GW4BVJ