[TenTec] KB7OEX: a big plus favoring ORION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] KB7OEX: a big plus favoring ORION
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:21:07 -0500
> Not just Icom. Welcome to the Japanese "Radio of the Month" Club....
>
> 73/Carter/K8VT

This is the primary reason why I have never purchased an ICOM.  Every time
I've considered trying a 756PROII, I get "gun shy,"  wondering if my
equipment purchase will drop in value by nearly $1K immediately after the
purchase...similar to what we recently witnessed with the 756PRO.   If the
equipment is designed after securing customer input, many of these
evolutionary "upgrades" would be unnecessary.  If the operating system can
support flash upgrades, the manufacturer can be somewhat more forgiving in
certain areas.  Anyway, I suppose I'm just too risk-averse to throw around
my cash like that.  My current motto:  Never lease a car...Never buy a new
ICOM.

-Paul, W9AC