[TenTec] Wonderful narrative on Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Wonderful narrative on Orion
From: n2ka@optonline.net (Arthur Bernstein)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:18:04 -0500
Scott,
I'm extremely satisfied with the carefully thought out responses you
gave to the "reflectites." It seems your reassuring words may do much to
assuage those whose blood pressures I could feel boiling due to
impatience and nit picking.
I've done a lot of reading and little writing during this phase, but I'm
glad you touched on something I had stressed initially, regarding
Tentec's styling. As an OMNI VI (opt.3) owner, I have many times
defended its styling to those not in the know (non Tentec users) and
stressed that  with Tentec radios it's what's under the hood  that
really counts, when it comes to pure performance without the "fluff"and
hype. While I like the multi tone greys, apparently there is that train
of thought (or non thought) out there that Tentec radios are not as
good as their offshore compatriots because they don't fit into the
preconcieved  mold foisted upon us by the JA mfgrs.Since the Orion will
obviously kick their butts performance wise, Tentec has got to capture
that large segment of hamdom that is still hung up on looks and will
never consider a Tentec, regardless of specs, because they are not
comfortable with its traditional looks. This darker styling will give
the non believers an excuse to be comfortable and start believing!!
Good luck and much success. You guys are great. It's a shame you don't
build cars!!
73,
Art, N2KA..