[TenTec] Scout warmup drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout warmup drift
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net ( Bob, WB2VUF)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:07:41 -0500
My Scout drifts a lot during transmit while warming up, especially in a
cool room. On receive, it is very stable because the FLS is active.

I tried replacing one of the N1500 temperature compensating caps with an
NP0 type. Results on the bench were good, but with the PTO back inside
the Scout, results are inconclusive.

My Scout came with two parallel 15pf N1500 caps and one parallel 15pf
NP0 cap (giving a total across the coil of 45 pf).

Has anyone tried playing with these caps, and are they the same for all
Scouts?

Maybe warm-up drift is normal. How long does yours take to warm up?

                        Thanks and 73,
                        Bob WB2VUF