[TenTec] Re: Low voltage - engine off

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Low voltage - engine off
From: fred toth" <fctoth@attglobal.net (fred toth)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 09:31:44 -0800
>The Delta II needs 13volts or more.  Lower than that the radio will
sound distorted when transmitting as stated below.>

13 volts seems high, based on my experience. I have used a Delta II in
my car for mobile CW for six years, with great success.  The keying
starts to break down when the key-down voltage falls below 12 volts.
You might try measuring the key-down voltage at the rig to help you
determine possible cures (heavier guage wire between battery and rig,
bigger battery, etc.)