[TenTec] Bezel/tuning knob question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Bezel/tuning knob question
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:12:17 -0400
On 20 Apr 2002 at 11:39, Gary Smith wrote:

> With the Corsair it appears to be the bezel that's tied to the VFO,
> not the knob and holding the bezel prevents any turning of the knob
> from making a change. With the bezel held, the knob turns but does
> nothing. When I release the bezel; turning the knob changes the
> frequency.

That's correct Gary.  The Bezel is attached to the outer shaft
of the VFO which is the shaft with the lead screw that moves
the core into and out of the coil.

Here's how I sync the bezel and the operating frequency.  Set
up the desired operating frequency on the LED display.

HOLD THE TUNING KNOB STATIONARY WHILE TURNING
THE BEZEL IN THE DIRECTION NECESSARY TO ACHIEVE
SYNC.

> I'd like it to be as straightforward and easy as my 820S is to change.

I think that will do it.

-73-

-Lee-