[TenTec] Bezel/tuning knob question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Bezel/tuning knob question
From: mandolinist@interlync.com (Gary Smith)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:53:53 -0500
Gents,

What a great list.

Thanks again for the direct & reflected replies.

I removed the bezel by gently prying it loose. I removed the keeper spring and
used
some crocus cloth to smooth the outer shaft. I put on a drop of Teflon
impregnated
oil & re-assembled bezel & knob. It works perfectly now.

PITA getting the 'keeper' back on.

What's interesting is I applied oil to the bezel when the knob was off (bezel
still
attached) waited awhile & it didn't help. Holding the bezel & turning the knob
was an
exercise in futility. The knobs were on tightly & would not pull off till freed
with the
allen driver.

Yes, under a magnifying light, the 3 dots on the bezel are melted plastic, not
paint.

Thanks all!

Gary