[TenTec] weird postings virus?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] weird postings virus?
From: dleclair@efn.org (Cleve D Leclair)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 10:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys,

What you are seeing is called "spoofing".

Which is when an infected computer, with you as a person in that computers
email address book, is infected with, at this time, Klez. That computers
email address book is picked up by Klez, then Klez emails itself with the
contents of that address book to its next victim, then the next, then the
next, etc. Finally from a computer an email is sent with you as the
sender. Now you get a nasty note from an ISP or unhappy IT person saying
how you infected them.

That is a Sunday morning version of "spoofing"....

Cleve