[TenTec] sinister doings

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] sinister doings
From: W5VPU@aol.com (W5VPU@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:36:35 EDT
Hi, Pete, so you finally got it said!

Since the only desk I had for my potential new radio I been forecasting and
scouting about for for two or three years was evidently built into my "house
office" by a frustrated leftie who was taught to write (with his right) by
tying his left hand behind him, I've had a dickens of a time getting it all
sorted out. Nothing fit right. Been in this house over five years and until
now not a radio one would fit and do anything I wanted it to do. I was stuck
with my 2 meter HT and the local repeaters.

My TR-4 took too much space, then the power supply turned belly up to the
sky. My Heath HW-99 decided it just didn't want to go no more. I bought a
used Scout which I had been lusting after several years from a retired
college professor who said he'd never been inside it. (really?) Only after a
spell I was once again without. I'd wanted an OMNI VI, but the size of my
desk-space and also my bank account would not stretch large enough.

Then when I got my Jupiter, it just was the right size to fit into the niche
you talk about -- small corner on my left, with the mobile pod on my right,
and lights overhead. Those guys and gals in Seviere County must have had me
in mind. I just twirl my multi (I first thought that was the title of some
Middle Easterner Multi-Millionaire) and its companions with my left hand and
fling my left thumb over to punch in whatever function I want to twiddle with
next. My  right hand sits hard by the keyboard/pod next to my key and writing
pad helps me get just where I want to go. Makes this old geezer feel just
like a kid in high school with a new convertible!

Wheeeee.

73     Raymond Perkins    W5VPU

multipart/alternative
  text/html