[TenTec] re: ten tec junk

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: ten tec junk
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:19:13 +0000
>2 years ago while doing some travelling I had the =
>chance to go by and see the TT factory. I was totally unimpressed.

That's probably a fairly common reaction.  When I went to the factory about
7 years ago I naively expected to find some huge chugging operation running
2 or 3 shifts; something like the Chrysler Neon factory near here (okay
that's an exaggeration but you know what I mean).  Without thinking about it
the large product line gave me big expectations.  The reality is that they
have one or two production lines; I think they run an assy. of one item long
enough to make enough units for a few month's sales and switch to something
else they are running low on.  I'd bet that 90% of the exclusively amateur
product companies could each almost fit in our garages.  TT (and MFJ I
guess) are the American biggies in this industry now.

Rob
K5UJ